Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, has tested positive for Covid-19.


 

(CNN)White House press secretary Jen Psaki said on Tuesday that she had tested positive for Covid-19.

The news of her positive diagnosis arrives only hours before President Joe Biden's travel to Brussels and Warsaw.

Early Tuesday afternoon, Psaki, 43, verified the news.

"I did a PCR test this morning in preparation for a trip to Europe. That test came back positive, so I'll be following the CDC's advice and won't be joining the President on his trip to Europe "On Twitter, Psaki stated.

"I had two socially separated encounters with the President yesterday, and according to CDC guidelines, he is not a close contact. Out of an abundance of honesty, I'm sharing the news of my positive test today. The President's PCR test came back negative today."

Psaki's most recent positive test occurred on the eve of his most recent international travel in October.

This is a breaking story .

Comments